To demonstrate circularity and setting an example for innovative composite materials, ecobrain AG has developed a laminate board made out of up-cycled coffee grounds.
Our environmentally friendly Coffee Grounds Laminate boards are manufactured by using a next-generation water based acrylate, also available in renewable feedstock variant.
The ecobrain CGL-s can be made available in a range of decorative designs and textures, tailored for your carbon negative store to improve your brand’s environmental footprint.
FSC-, HCHO-Certifiable on Request
Breakthrough low-emission CGL panel used for furnitures and interior design. The panels are suitable for standard applications in furniture constructions, for example tables or chairs, wall claddings and can be used in households as well in public areas like coffee shops, restaurants or bars. High-performance laminated surface, hygienic, scratch, cut and temperature resistant.
All measurements were done on R&D samples according to the mentioned norms.
- CGL panel: for interiors and furniture for use in dry areas, type P2 (EN 312).
- Density: 1050 kg/m³ +/- 50 kg/m³ MR 1, MR 2, EQ2 v2009: MR 6, IEQ 4.4: 85-90% recycled coffee grounds, bonded with water based acrylic resin covered with standard high performance surface or natural veneer
- Thickness: from 6mm to 14mm
- Dimensional stability: Results conform to ISO 24339 and applicable EN norms
- Formaldehyde emission: Class E0(<0.025 mg/m3), NAF – No Added Formaldehyde
- Modulus of Elasticity: 6000-8000 MPa
- Biological durability: Class 2 (EN 350)
How it works
URBAN & INDUSTRIAL
The total coffee beans production is about 8 Mio metric tons annually. In almost every case the resulting coffee ground is incinerated causing carbon dioxide emission. We at ecobrain are using industrial and urban harvesting methods to collect this valuable material.
We are converting in an industry scale the recycled waste into our patented Laminate Board. Our environmentally friendly Coffee Grounds Laminate is made out of up-cycled coffee grounds and manufactured by using a next-generation water based acrylate.